Adult Education Health & Safety Guidance
We are pleased to be open for in-person instruction. As a public school entity, SWBOCES is required to adhere to all current guidance issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and the New York State Department of Health.
- We require that all staff/instructors and students wear appropriate facial coverings (mouth and nose) while in SWBOCES-owned or -operated sites.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is recommended at all times when safety is not at the core of the activity.
- All classrooms and lab/shop spaces will not exceed maximum occupancy as identified by NYSED guidelines.
- Shared spaces, such as vending machines, student lounges, etc., will be closed until further notice.
- Students must review the Health & Safety Guide.
- Students must complete a health self-check screening each time before entering an SWBOCES-owned or -operated site. Attached is the required form. If possible, please print and bring with you to class, completed and signed. Paper copies will be available upon entry to your program.
- There may be program-specific details in regards to your classroom or shop shared by instructors during class.
- Any students not willing to follow the required guidance will not be able to participate in programs at SWBOCES Center for Adult and Community Services.