About the Center
Thank you for your interest in Adult Education programs at Southern Westchester BOCES. The Center for Adult and Community Services provides:
- Workforce Development Training in high demand areas
- Programs include Healthcare, Trades, Technology and Education
- Programs are tuition based
- Programs are offered year round
- Location is based on course
- Students must be age 18+ and not enrolled in high school
- It is important for all students to achieve success. It is recommended for successful completion that students enrolling in training programs have a minimum grade level of 8 in math and reading (equivalent to grade 8 in school)
- Some programs require a high school diploma to complete certification exams
- Funding sources are available through our workforce partners at https://adulted.swboces.org/financial_aid, SWBOCES does not offer financial aid. We do offer interest free payment plans for programs costing $1,000 or more.
- Students may register on-line or over the phone
- All courses require a minimum enrollment of six students
- Adult Literacy Program Classes
- Programs include classes for those seeking to earn their high school equivalency diploma, improve their English language skills or study for the US Citizenship test.
- Adult Literacy Program courses are of no tuition costs to student and are made available through BOCES by grants and state aid that are geared towards growing the regional workforce.
- Classes are offered year round
- Classes are held in a variety of community-based locations
- Students must be age 21+
- Students must complete registration and placement testing in-person
We look forward to serving the needs of the Westchester Community through high quality programming for adults who seek training and education in the regionally competitive workforce.