FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
Tuition payments must be made in accordance with school policy. Tuition payments are to be made on time and in accordance with the student’s financial agreement. The cost of uniforms, books, NCLEX-PN exam and licensing fees, etc., will be the responsibility of each student in the program.
Tuition for the 2020-2021 Practical Nursing program: Full Time Day Program TBD
Estimated Additional Student Expenses
- Physical Exam $500.00
- Textbooks $500.00
- Background Check and Drug Testing $100.00 (for each)
- Scrubs, Uniforms and Shoes $300.00
- Stethoscope & Clinical Supplies $100.00
- SWBOCES ID Replacement $ 15.00
- BLS (Basic Life Support)/CPR Training $110.00
- NYS Exam/Application/Permit Fees $350.00
All students are required to pay the tuition deposit as outlined in the acceptance letter regardless of their receipt of Financial Assistance or tuition being paid by a third-party (i.e. vouchers, union or workplace).
The Practical Nursing Program has a comprehensive financial aid program available to assist eligible students in meeting financial requirements. A financial aid officer is available to help identify the individual needs and assist students in completing the “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) (https://fafsa.ed.gov) and reviewing the “Student Aid Report” (SAR). Assistance is provided in completing student loan applications to Federal Government Direct Loans. The Southern Westchester BOCES School Code is 010641. For more information on student loans and financial assistance call 914-592-0849, Ext. 3152. Federal Direct Loans are available for eligible students. The 2020-2021 maximum amount allowed is *$6,195.
Subsidized Loan: Independent $3,500; Dependent $3,500
Unsubsidized Loan: Independent $6,000; Dependent $2,000
Secondary Loan for Day Students
Subsidized Loan: Independent $940; Dependent $940
Unsubsidized Loan: Independent $1,253; Dependent $418
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Workforce Board Career Centers: www.westchesterputnamonestop.com. Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) allow eligible participants to receive training to obtain/improve employment or advance their career.
- ACCES-VR (Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation): www.acces.nysed.gov/vr
- Title IV: www.fafsa.ed.gov Pell Grants and Federal Government Student loans are available to eligible students enrolling in the Practical Nursing Program. The 2020-2021 maximum is $6,195.
- Veterans Administration: www.va.gov
- Sallie Mae Loan: www.salliemae.com
- Employers/Labor Organizations: Contact your employer or union to inquire about opportunities for tuition assistance, reimbursement, or vouchers.
- Hope Scholarship Credit: www.irs.gov/newsroom/American-opportunity-tax-credit-questions-and-answers is available to eligible participants. Check with your accountant or tax preparer to confirm eligibility.
- Payment Plans: Are available for students paying out-of-pocket tuition over $1,000.
In the event of withdrawal, the student withdrawing must give written notification to the Supervisor of Adult Education. Note: Deposit fees are non-refundable.
Tuition refunds are based on the following guidelines:
- The Southern Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program is 1,080 clock hours in length, divided into payment periods. The payment periods are 540 clock hours (September through January and February through June). All refunds are pro-rated, based on the date of official withdrawal or the last date of attendance.
- Refunds will be granted within 30 days of notification.